WORSHIP SERVICE SCHEDULE
Blended Worship Service
Prince of Peace United Methodist Church
Office: (847) 453-4477
Pastor: (847) 453-4122
Preschool: (847) 453-4123
FAX: (847) 439-0715
EMAIL: [email protected]
For students in 6th through 8th grade
Meets the first three Wednesdays of the month
Come find out…
- What is a United Methodist?
- What does it mean to “join the church”?
- What are prayers, gifts, service and witness?
- Renew your affirmation of faith!
Participate in community outreach such as...
- Serving dinner to the children of Shalom Ministries
- Selling pumpkins at our pumpkin patch
- Participating in walks to raise money for hunger
- Assisting in church sponsored events such as Vacation Bible School and Holy Ghost Night
Other events throughout the year include...
- Confirmation retreats
- Visiting other religious organizations including the Buddhist Temple
Junior High and Senior High Breakfast Club
Meets the 2nd and 4th Sundays at 10 AM
- Q&D; - Question and Discussion
- After watching videos, discussions are led to make real connections between life and faith.
- Youth are challenged to consider new perspectives and new ideas
Discussions may include....
- How to show hospitality to those outside the “clique”.
- Identifying your material possessions and what would you do if they were destroyed.
- What it means to be generous, not just with material possessions, but also with time and energy.
Summer Mission Trip click this text to see report on last mission trip
Each summer the youth head out of state for a week long mission trip.
- Change your life and a stranger’s life by giving to a community.
- Bring that change back home by living that change in your daily life.
Each trip offers opportunities such as...
- Kids Club – Interact with the community kids by teaching the love of Jesus. Activities include bible stories, games, crafts, singing and sports.
- Work Projects – Painting and light weatherization of homes, building sheds, repairing doors, gardening.
- Build relationships with families and neighbors.
Fundraisers are held throughout the year to cover the cost of the trip
- Annual Valentines’ Dinner and Entertainment
- Monthly outings to various restaurants in the area
- Carson ’s Community Day
- Car Washes
- Bake Sales
Are you ready to learn what it means to transform lives?